Sex Reassignment Surgery (Sex Change)
Transsexual person is someone who was born into the wrong body. They have the body of one gender and the mind of the other. Transsexuals may be a female trapped in a male’s body or a male trapped in a female’s body.
Perfect Woman Institute has been provide information, help and supportive for Transsexuals to improve their self-esteem.
The Concept of modern Sex reassignment surgery
The surgery will help you to achieve very good sensation of the special sensory area. Also the additional special sensation can be accomplished on the particular parts between the clitoral frenulum and the urethral mucosa and the labia minora. Because the technique that being used will preserve the same sensory nerves to supply this area to achieve the similar sensations as the clitoris, its hood and frenulum.
Candidates for Sex Reassignment Surgery
- Patient must be at least age 18 years of age. Patients will require permission from parents if under 20 years old.
- Patients must be diagnosed with at least one of the following disorders: gender identity disorder, gender dysphoria, or associated conditions (anxiety, depression).
- Patients must have undergone at least one year of antiandrogens or/and hormones.
- Patients are required to have lived full-time in the cross-gender role for at least 1 year (supported by Identification Documents).
- Patients must have approval from a psychiatrist (MD), psychiatric social worker (PhD), or clinical psychologist (PhD).
- If you have any existing health issues or problems you must inform our doctor in full at the time of your first correspondence. Previous medical history may be required from your Doctor and each patient will be evaluated case by case. Safety for the patient is our primary concerns so please do not hesitate to discuss everything with us in detail so that a precise plan for each patient can be made.
Surgical Procedure (Male to female)
This procedure is a combination of a penile skin inversion and an immediate full thickness skin graft. The vaginal canal and opening is created beneath the urethral opening and prostate gland. Vaginal depth is of concern to most patients. The most important factor in creating this depth is the amount of penile shaft skin. The technique that lengthens the depth of the vagina is using the full thickness skin graft from the scrotal. Hair on the scrotum must be removed so that the skin graft is placed at the distal end of the penile skin flap. This technique can lengthen the depth at least 2 more inches.
A portion of the glans (head of the penis), with its nerves and vessels, is converted into a clitoris. In so doing, the clitoris will be functional in sensation as well as in appearance.
The excess erectile tissue around the urethra should be removed in order to avoid symptoms that stem from engorged erectile tissue during sexual arousal, which may result in the narrowing of the vaginal opening.
Colon transposition is used for patients who need more depth (exceeding 8 inches).
Preparation for Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to female):
- Inform us about any allergies, any serious medical condition(s), and all medications you are
taking (both prescription and non-prescription).
- Qualify letter from Psychiatrist doctor or Hormone Therapist
- No Aspirin 2 days before surgery.
- Stop vitamin E Oil 1 day before surgery.
- Stop smoking 2 days and a month after surgery.
- Stop Hormone, if taken 2 weeks before surgery date
- Tell doctor if you have any serious medical condition(s).
- Stop meal and water starting from midnight before surgery.
- Plan to be in Thailand at least 14 days after or at least 15 days (Before and after) surgery.